The Graz Airport (Thalerhof) is served with regular flights from Vienna, Munich, Frankfurt and Zurich. The airport is located about 10 km to the south of the city center. The most convenient way to get from the airport to the city is by public transportation:
- Bus: The bus stop is right outside the passenger terminal, next to the arrival area. The bus takes you to Jakominiplatz (City Centre) and to Graz Main Train Station (Hauptbahnhof). The price for a one-way trip is € 2.50. Here you can check for the timetable.
- Train: The Flughafen Graz/Feldkirchen (S-Bahn-Linie S5) railway station airport is within walking distance from the airport (300 m, about 5 minutes on foot). The travel time to the airport from Graz main station (Hauptbahnhof) is approximately 12 minutes by regional train. Here you can check the trains´ schedule.
- Taxi: The taxi rank is directly outside the passenger terminal, next to the arrival area.
If you are flying to Vienna, or connecting from there to Graz, you can use train, bus or car to go to continue the journey to Graz:
Please keep in mind that you may need a visa for Austria depending on your nationality. In case you need an invitation letter please contact us at indi(at)uni-graz.at. Do not wait too long to apply for a visa since it can take a while to get one.
If you need public transportation once you are in Graz you can find an overview of the available busses and trams at Holding Graz.
- The nearest tram station to the Karl-Franzens University is "Merangasse", which is served by the tram lines 1 and 7.
- There is also a number of busses that stops around the University Camps: Bus 31 at “UNI/RESOWI”, Busses 39, 41, 63 at “Universität”, and Busses 30 and 58 at “Uni/Mozartgasse”.