European Regional Masterlehrgang in Human Rights and Democracy in South East Europe (ERMA)
Universitärer Abschluss: Double Degree der Universität Bologna & der Universität Sarajewo
Dauer: 1 Jahr
Umfang: 60 ECTS-Anrechnungspunkte
Teilnahmebeitrag: bis max. EUR 2.000.- (Stipendien verfügbar, nähere Infos hier!)
The European Regional Master's Programme in Democracy and Human Rights in South East Europe (ERMA) is a one year, full time, interdisciplinary programme. It is a joint initiative by the University of Sarajevo, Center for Interdisciplinary Studies (CIS) and the University of Bologna. ERMA is co-financed by the European Union through the European Inter-University Centre for Human Rights and Democratization (EIUC) and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Italy via the Embassy of the Republic of Italy to Bosnia and Herzegovina. It is implemented in Sarajevo and Bologna, thus students receive diplomas from both universities (UNSA and UNIBO). The programme awards 60 ECTS.
ERMA is an academic educational activity intended for students who wish to combine studies with practical and field research experience in human rights and democratization issues. Recognizing that human rights are a crosscutting theme among different disciplines of study, such as political science, social sciences, law, sociology and philosophy, ERMA fosters strong interdisciplinary approach. Enrolled students have the benefit of studying in a highly international environment together with colleagues from all over the region, European Union and rest of the world, attending lectures and workshops held by over 40 professors from 12 partner universities: University of Bologna, Italy; University of Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina; University of Belgrade, Serbia; Karl Franzens University of Graz, Austria; University of the Ruhr, Germany; University of Peloponnese, Greece; University of Zagreb, Croatia; New Bulgarian University, Bulgaria; University Ss. Cyril and Methodius, Macedonia; Higher School of Economics - National Research University, Moscow, Russia; and University of Pristina, Kosovo; and University of Banja Luka, Bosnia and Herzegovina.
The Master programme promotes the development and realization of young professionals for state management, inter-governmental and non-governmental organizations, for academia and think tanks in Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo, Macedonia, Montenegro and Serbia, as well as countries belonging to the EU, the rest of Europe, and worldwide.
ERMA is part of the EU's Global Campus of Human Rights, a unique network of more than one hundred participating universities around the world, seeking to advance human rights and democracy through regional and global cooperation for education and research. This global network is promoted through ERMA and six other Regional programmes, which are based in Venice for Europe, in Yerevan for the Caucasus, in Pretoria for Africa, in Bangkok for Asia-Pacific, in Buenos Aires for Latin America and the Caribbean, and in Beirut for the Arab World.
The following universities coordinate the Master's Programme, and confer a double degree:
- Center for Interdisciplinary Studies, University of Sarajevo (Bosnia and Herzegovina)
- School of Political Sciences "Roberto Ruffilli", University of Bologna (Italy)
The academic consortium is composed of the following universities:
- University of Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina
- University of Bologna, Italy
- University of Graz, Austria
- University of Banja Luka, Bosnia and Herzegovina
- New Bulgarian University, Bulgaria
- University of Zagreb, Croatia
- Ruhr-University Bochum, Germany
- University of Peloponnese, Greece
- University of Prishtina, Kosovo
- University Ss. Cyril and Methodius, Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia
- Higher School of Economics, National Research University, Moscow Russia
- University of Belgrade, Serbia
- Candidates should fill out the PRE-APPLICATION FORM (link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSen2IUicxE_5-UbUIRsbQXN3ohIJ7XsEz3dM1CZrlEIxyxniw/viewform)
- Subsequently, candidates should deliver all required documents in hard copies to the Center for Interdisciplinary Studies of the University of Sarajevo via regular/express/priority mail or in person by 10th of September 2018
Facebook page: ERMA Programme